Splunk Search

Field extraction

syedabuthahir
Explorer

Hi All,

I want to extract one particular filed under the description column but when i tried to extract the field i am getting the below error

"The extraction failed. If you are extracting multiple fields, try removing one or more fields. Start with extractions that are embedded within longer text strings."

i tried to extract through regex 

Defined","category":"Not Defined","resolution_time":"Not Defined","response_sla_exclusion":"","sla_contract":"Met","long_description":"Contact Number: 9967795614Type: Error/FailureWebsite/URL: https://xxxxxxProduct Name: Automatic Ticket AssignmentWorkstation/Cubicle/Bay: xxxxxDescription: Kindly check Health Status alertCountry/Location: xxxxVersion Number: NA","problem_abstract":"Kindly check Health Status alert"}

in the above i want to extract only the Product name field

Can someone help me on this 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

| rex "Product\sName\:\s+(?<ProductName>.*)Workstation"

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.

View solution in original post

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

| rex "Product\sName\:\s+(?<ProductName>.*)Workstation"

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Can you post full (json?) event or raw, so we could see from where this extractions should do? Also your current spl query could help us to point you to right direction.
r. Ismo
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...