Splunk Search

Fetch the details

svodela
Explorer

We are trying to create a dashboard to understand the usage of our application version something like shown below

Application NameVersion
sgs1.0.18

When we search for particular index ""sgs1.0.18*" source="/data/wso2/api_manager/current/repository/logs/wso2carbon.log" we get below result.

<< uri="get api/mydetails/1.0.0/apime/employee-details?correlation-sit=sgs1.0.18u%26h%3d106", SERVICE_PREFIX="get api/mydetails/1.0.0/apime/employee-details?correlation-sit=sgs1.0.18u%26h%3d106", path="get api/mydetails/1.0.0/apime/employee-details?correlation-sit=sgs1.0.18u%26h%3d106", resourceMethod="get", HTTP_METHOD="get", resourceUri="api/mydetails/1.0.0/apime/employee-details?correlation-sit=sgs1.0.18u%26h%3d106"

Could you please help us to give sample splunk query to achieve the results .

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

svodela
Explorer

Thank you Giuseppe. Appreciate your support. This query has helped us to do what we are looking for.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

svodela
Explorer

@gcusello - I was able to fine the way with rename 

"sgs1.0.*" source="/data/wso2/api_manager/current/repository/logs/wso2carbon.log" | rex "correlation-sit=(?<app>[A-Za-z]+)(?<version>\d+\.\d+\.\d+)" | table app version userId date_mday| dedup userId | sort version | fields "app", "date_mday", "userId", "version" | rename "date_mday" AS "Date"
0 Karma

svodela
Explorer

Hello @gcusello ,

Sorry to come back , is there any way to change the table label.

example of my search:

"sgs1.0.*" source="/data/wso2/api_manager/current/repository/logs/wso2carbon.log" | rex "correlation-sit=(?<app>[A-Za-z]+)(?<version>\d+\.\d+\.\d+)" | table app version userId date_mday| dedup userId | sort version

can my table looks like below 

appversionuseridDate ( rather than date_mday)

0 Karma

dtburrows3
Builder

Add this line to the end of the query

| rename date_mday as Date
0 Karma

svodela
Explorer

Thank you Giuseppe. Appreciate your support. This query has helped us to do what we are looking for.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @svodela,

good for you, see next time!

let me know if I can help you more, or, please, accept one answer for the other people of Community.

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @svodela,

if you're sure that you applications haven't numbers in their name and that version is always in the format "nn.nn.nn", you could use a regex like the following to extract apps and versions and run a search like the following:

<your_search>
| rex "correlation-sit=(?<app>[A-Za-z]+)(?<version>\d+\.\d+\.\d+)"
| table app version

you can check the regex at https://regex101.com/r/FNieNJ/1

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...