Splunk Search

Fetch the details

svodela
Explorer

We are trying to create a dashboard to understand the usage of our application version something like shown below

Application NameVersion
sgs1.0.18

When we search for particular index ""sgs1.0.18*" source="/data/wso2/api_manager/current/repository/logs/wso2carbon.log" we get below result.

<< uri="get api/mydetails/1.0.0/apime/employee-details?correlation-sit=sgs1.0.18u%26h%3d106", SERVICE_PREFIX="get api/mydetails/1.0.0/apime/employee-details?correlation-sit=sgs1.0.18u%26h%3d106", path="get api/mydetails/1.0.0/apime/employee-details?correlation-sit=sgs1.0.18u%26h%3d106", resourceMethod="get", HTTP_METHOD="get", resourceUri="api/mydetails/1.0.0/apime/employee-details?correlation-sit=sgs1.0.18u%26h%3d106"

Could you please help us to give sample splunk query to achieve the results .

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

svodela
Explorer

Thank you Giuseppe. Appreciate your support. This query has helped us to do what we are looking for.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

svodela
Explorer

@gcusello - I was able to fine the way with rename 

"sgs1.0.*" source="/data/wso2/api_manager/current/repository/logs/wso2carbon.log" | rex "correlation-sit=(?<app>[A-Za-z]+)(?<version>\d+\.\d+\.\d+)" | table app version userId date_mday| dedup userId | sort version | fields "app", "date_mday", "userId", "version" | rename "date_mday" AS "Date"
0 Karma

svodela
Explorer

Hello @gcusello ,

Sorry to come back , is there any way to change the table label.

example of my search:

"sgs1.0.*" source="/data/wso2/api_manager/current/repository/logs/wso2carbon.log" | rex "correlation-sit=(?<app>[A-Za-z]+)(?<version>\d+\.\d+\.\d+)" | table app version userId date_mday| dedup userId | sort version

can my table looks like below 

appversionuseridDate ( rather than date_mday)

0 Karma

dtburrows3
Builder

Add this line to the end of the query

| rename date_mday as Date
0 Karma

svodela
Explorer

Thank you Giuseppe. Appreciate your support. This query has helped us to do what we are looking for.

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @svodela,

good for you, see next time!

let me know if I can help you more, or, please, accept one answer for the other people of Community.

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @svodela,

if you're sure that you applications haven't numbers in their name and that version is always in the format "nn.nn.nn", you could use a regex like the following to extract apps and versions and run a search like the following:

<your_search>
| rex "correlation-sit=(?<app>[A-Za-z]+)(?<version>\d+\.\d+\.\d+)"
| table app version

you can check the regex at https://regex101.com/r/FNieNJ/1

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...