Splunk Search

Extend Search without re-running

thepocketwade
Path Finder

I just ran a search over the last 24 hours which returned a large number of results, but not the full picture I was looking for. So I extended the time frame to the last 7 days. Doing that reran the whole search, including the results I'd already amassed over the last 24 hours.

I could feasibly open a new window and run the search over 6 days, and have the two sets of results to work with; but is there a way to concatenate these results together?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Well, I suppose you could use a combination of the append and loadjob commands.

newsearch | append [ loadjob oldsearchid ]

landen99
Motivator

Found the sid as the last element in the url while the search was loaded/started.

0 Karma

thepocketwade
Path Finder

From the actions menu you can select "Inspect Search." The search inspector window will pop up, and you can find a lot of information (including the search id) there.

0 Karma

christopherutz
Path Finder

This seems very useful. In what methods can the old search id be obtained? I know it can be retrieved from the jobs view but are there any other ways? Does the jobid end up as a field of the results?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...