Splunk Search

Excluding public holidays from search data

wellsajs
Explorer

Hi,

Has any one been able to work out howto incorporate the exclusion of public holidays in searches.

I am trying to work out the logic of doing such a task as I have a requirement to do this for a certain type of data set.

Any help or direction would be most appreciated

Cheers
J

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Public holidays are very different from country to country (and sometimes even within a country), so you'd have to create your own definition for what days are public holidays. One idea would be to enter these dates into a lookup file, then check your dates against that lookup.

wellsajs
Explorer

Have you done anything like this in the past. Could you give me some pointers as to how to achieve the lookup

Thanks
J

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...