Splunk Search

Error in model "JVM" : Cannot add field 'cpu_time_supported' because it already exists in object 'Threading'.

jeandez
Explorer

hi !!! i got this error when trying to create a data model:"Error in model "JVM" : Cannot add field 'cpu_time_supported' because it already exists in object 'Threading'".
I don't understand it . could someone explain it to me and show me a way to fix it ?
Thank you ..

Tags (2)
1 Solution

jcrabb_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This was a bug in ES 3.0.0 which was addressed in ES 3.0.1.

Jacob
Sr. Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

jcrabb_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This was a bug in ES 3.0.0 which was addressed in ES 3.0.1.

Jacob
Sr. Technical Support Engineer

fDK

Hi,
I noticed that in the data model editor in general you cannot overwrite fields that exist in a) the events or b) the parent object of the data model object you want to define that field.

I would consider this as a bug (since you can do overwrite existing fields in a regular search) and it is not limited to the Enterprise Security app.

In general overwriting fields is a nice (the only?) way to apply multiple transfomations (eval, lookups, rex, etc.) on a field to 'enhance' its value.

We are using Splunk 6.1.2. Is this fixed in a newer version?

0 Karma

bohrasaurabh
Communicator

We are also noticing the same on the SH's which also have ES installed. has any one fout out the solution to fix this? We are running 6.1.5 on SHP.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...