Splunk Search

Error in 'lookup' command: Why is it failing to re-open lookup file?

halu
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hello Splunker!

Sometimes my searches on Splunk Enterprise Security Search Head ran into following error (mostly) without any results, sometimes there are only a view results :

[idx1, idx4 ...] Streamed search execute failed because: Error in 'lookup' command: Failed to re-open lookup file: '/opt/splunk/var/run/searchpeers/splunksearchhead-1631016538/kvstore_s_SA-IdeRjww0FotymhlCIaS1cqkc05a_identix3UXVbINERGdyPwDBuI5US7E'.

Sometimes the searches work, somtimes they not. There is also a "normal" Splunk Search Head, the same search works all the time. If the error appears also the Incident Review needs about 

I already checked the bundle size of both Search Heads and the ES bundle is about 800mb. The "normal" Search Head bundle is  about 1,1gb.

Splunk Enterprise 8.2.1

Splunk Enterprise Security 6.6.0

Splunk Cluster with 2 sites, each site 8 idx.

I would greatly appreciate any help 🙂

Labels (2)
0 Karma

ljramv
Explorer

Hi, anybody managed to resolve this? Got a ticket open with Splunk for a month now...

0 Karma

satishkompelly

@halu I'm getting the error and the searches are running and getting paused and resume after sometime we also upgraded to 8.2.3 recently, did you find any troubleshooting's to prevent this error.

Satish

0 Karma

sikder
Observer

Hello,

I have the same issue after upgrading to Splunk 8.2.3. Did you solve the issue?

0 Karma

halu
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Sorry no I didn't resolv it yet. The error didn't appear 1-2 weeks, but its still happen user ran into this error

0 Karma

amaithani
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Please try increasing the max_memtable_bytes to higher than default i.e., 25 MB to 50MB.

0 Karma

ljramv
Explorer

In the ES correlation set up page for Asset and Identity management ensure you have "enable selectively for source types" if used or disable if you don't.

0 Karma

wmuselle
Path Finder

could you elaborate on your answer.

The message seems replication bundle related (replication=true for kv store collection).

What is the link with your answer ?

thanks in advance

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...