Splunk Search

Drilldown from Flashchart object

Ant1D
Motivator

Hey,

I have a column flashchart on a dashboard called dash_usage.xml. When I click on a bar(e.g. called User where value="Myself") on this chart, I want to be redirected to another dashboard (called dash_user_details.xml) which automatically runs a search (different to the one for the flashchart) where the field User in this search is set to the User I clicked on the previous page (i.e. Myself) and the timepicker is set to last 24 hours by default.

How can I go about achieving this?

1 Solution

ftk
Motivator

There is a detailed section on how to do this in the Developer Manual: http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/latest/Developer/TableChartDrilldown#Advanced_examples

Basically you have a HiddenSearch with another FlashChart.

View solution in original post

ftk
Motivator

There is a detailed section on how to do this in the Developer Manual: http://www.splunk.com/base/Documentation/latest/Developer/TableChartDrilldown#Advanced_examples

Basically you have a HiddenSearch with another FlashChart.

Ant1D
Motivator

thanks for the info. I have opened a new question

0 Karma

HattrickNZ
Motivator

wheres the link?

0 Karma

ftk
Motivator

You should be able to do that with hidden intentions. I suggest opening a new question since this is a different topic, this will give it more exposure and you can source answers from a wider range of people 🙂

0 Karma

Ant1D
Motivator

Hey FTK, if my flashchart has a number of different coloured cells (e.g. yellow = completed, blue = not_complete) How can I drill down on each cell so that clicking on blue runs a search index=a and clicking on yellow runs a search index=z ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...