Splunk Search

Don't execute rest of commands if there is no events from base search?

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

Our client have the next (kind of query) runs as a schedule. It can found events or not, based on current situation

<base search>
| where isnotnull(joblist)
| dedup joblist
| map search="| dbxquery connection=con_A query=\"select a, b, c from xx where x='AAA'\" |appendcols [| dbxquery connection=con_A query=\"select (select max([rows]) from sys.partitions with (nolock) where object_id=object_id('dbo.$joblist$')) as rowCnt,sum(len(cast(xmlrecord as varchar(max)))) as sum from $joblist$ (nolock)\"]"
| <rest of query>

This works find where the base query found events and joblist is defined. BUT when  base search cannot find any events, then the query/schedule will fail with error: 

Error in 'map': Did not find value for required attribute 'joblist'.

I have tried to found answers, but couldn't  found / get ideas how to skip the rest of query, starting from map, if there is no event. Any helps / ideas appreciated!

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Search/How-to-write-a-search-where-if-a-specific-value-for-FI... This didn't work and not those where have proposed to use fillnull.

r. Ismo

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check out the new require command.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check out the new require command.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Thanks Rich

Exactly what I'm needing, but unfortunately our Client have still version 7.3.x 😞

r. Ismo

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
I accept Rich's answer as a solution, but still waiting if someone can point me a right direction with older splunk versions.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...