Splunk Search

Distributed Searches and Lookup table errors.

eploughe
Engager

I am having a problem with lookup tables in a distributed search environment. The lookup table is working on the main search head but I receive the below error on the secondary Linux instance.

1. [Linux_Instance] The lookup table 'Windows_EventCode_Lookup' does not exist. It is referenced by configuration 'WMI:WinEventLog:Security'.
  2. [Linux_Instance] The lookup table 'W2K3_Logon_Type_Lookup' does not exist. It is referenced by configuration 'WMI:WinEventLog:Security'.

The search head is a Windows systems the error is from the Linux Splunk system. I do have export=system setup on both systems and I have created the lookup on the Linux Splunk instance but it still gives me the above error.

mlulmer
Explorer

This is an old question but still very relevant. Did you try adding the lookups to the indexers? I think this might help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...