Splunk Search

Dispositions values in reports

xyberdef
Explorer

Hello,

I am trying to make report which will display what notables were closed with what disposition. But unfortunately when I make report, it shows me values as follows: "disposition:1", "disposition:2" and so on and I cant figure out how to change these values in the way that in chart/graph it will show "false positive" or "true positive".

I found out a way to change name of column (rename as) but I cant find a way to change values itself and if I try to use same logic (rename disposition:1 as false positive) it doesnt make the trick.

Could you point me in the correct direction, please?

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try something like this (obviously expand the case function to cover the other renames)

|`incident_review` | stats count by disposition
| eval disposition=case(disposition=="disposition:1","true-positive",disposition=="disposition:2","false-positive",true(),disposition)

View solution in original post

xyberdef
Explorer

Yes, this is exactly what I need! I tried to play with eval also, but without that case function. Thank you for your help, much appreciated!

0 Karma

xyberdef
Explorer

I am using very simple query:

I get table like this:

xyberdef_0-1698337577215.png

When I make bar chart it looks like this:

xyberdef_1-1698337686739.png

What I am trying to do is same bar chart, but instead of disposition:1, disposition:2..., I would like to see there values of these dispositions so for example true-positive, false-positive...

I tried to use "rename as" like this, but it doesnt work - output is same bar chart as above

|`incident_review` | stats count by disposition | rename disposition:1 as true-positive

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try something like this (obviously expand the case function to cover the other renames)

| eval disposition=case(disposition=="disposition:1","true-positive",disposition=="disposition:2","false-positive",true(),disposition)

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please provide more information e.g. some sample events (anonymised of course) and your current search, and output, and your expected results.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...