Splunk Search

Database lookup says its table doesn't exist

redc
Builder

I'm attempting to create my first database lookup. I followed this documentation, choosing to specify the fields directly (only need one field): http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/1.0.11/DeployDBX/Setupadatabaselookuptable

I gave it a name (HDMCF), specified a SQL database and the table name, selected the one field I want to be put into the lookup (ValueDesc), and saved it. Everything looks good.

When I try to search on it, I get an error that the lookup table doesn't exist:

| lookup HDMCF ValueDesc

Output:

Error in 'lookup' command: The lookup table 'HDMCF' does not exist.

What am I missing? Does there need to be a lookup definition for it (and if so, how do I set that up)?

0 Karma
1 Solution

redc
Builder

When I configured the lookup, the table I used needed to be "dbo.tablename" (rather than just "tablename"). After changing the lookup to use "dbo.tablename", I stopped getting this error.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

redc
Builder

When I configured the lookup, the table I used needed to be "dbo.tablename" (rather than just "tablename"). After changing the lookup to use "dbo.tablename", I stopped getting this error.

0 Karma

devicenul1
Path Finder

Having the exact same issue, anyone have any ideas? The documentation leaves a lot to be desired.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...