Splunk Search

D3 sankey chart without using Django framework

melonman
Motivator

Hi

I found an example using Django Framework in Splunk app site.
But I still can not figure out how to do the same without Django.
I am looking for a sample script and configuration for D3 without using Django Framework, with simple XML JS extension.

Does anyone know the example for sankey chart with Simple XML JS extension?

Thank you very much in advance.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

gmelnik_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Recently released Splunk Developer Guide provides a detailed walkthrough of how to do this. Specifically, check out Chapter 03. UI and Visualizations.

View solution in original post

gmelnik_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Recently released Splunk Developer Guide provides a detailed walkthrough of how to do this. Specifically, check out Chapter 03. UI and Visualizations.

iKate
Builder

@martin_mueller, @MuS hello! Are there any limitations on the amount of data that can be used in this chart? I'm using 90MB file of 200K rows and the dashboard can hardly build a graph even with limit 10 and can never do it with limit 15 and above. Chrome or FF web-page simply crashes. And can you please tell more about $sankey.searchterms$
Thank you!

0 Karma

sbsbb
Builder

it is great ! is it possible to have more that 3 columns in the sankey ? If I have more than 3 columns, it is not working anymore...

0 Karma

sbsbb
Builder

Thank you, I had not the latest one...

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
0 Karma

sbsbb
Builder

Where is this prototype hide ? I can't find it

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The current SideviewUtils version contains a prototype Sankey module... but then that wouldn't be SimpleXML.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...