Splunk Search

Count occurrences of string and put them in table row wise?

Vivekmishra01
Explorer

I am trying to find few strings in my search query and count occurrences of them and I want to put them in a two column table. I am able to do it with stat command, but it's coming like string as column name and count in the row bwlow. Below is what I am using and what I ma getting.

index=<index> <search String > "Failed" | stats count AS Failed count(eval(searchmatch("Failed Acknowledged"))) AS "Failed Acknowledged" count(eval(searchmatch("UnexpectedException Caught"))) AS "UnexpectedException Caught" count(eval(searchmatch("NonRetryableException Caught"))) AS "NonRetryableException Caught"

However I want a result like below.

Vivekmishra01_0-1673363523720.png

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

GaetanVP
Contributor

Hello ! 

You could try this :

<your search> | transpose 0 column_name="Message" | rename "row 1" as Count

Good luck!

View solution in original post

FelixLeh
Contributor

Hi!
Is this accomplishing what you are looking for? (I assume you are working with untransformed Events here)

index=<index> <search String > "Failed" 
| eval Message = case(like(_raw,"%Failed Acknowledged%"),"Failed Acknowledged",like(_raw,"%UnexpectedException Caught%"),"UnexpectedException Caught",like(_raw,"%NonRetryableException Caught%"),"NonRetryableException Caught",true(),NULL)
| stats count by Message 

If you want to add a line that sums up the total amount of events you can add the following:

| addtotals fieldname=count col=t labelfield=Message

0 Karma

GaetanVP
Contributor

Hello ! 

You could try this :

<your search> | transpose 0 column_name="Message" | rename "row 1" as Count

Good luck!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...