Splunk Search

Comparisons

renuka
Path Finder

If suppose i have two Phases with first and last date
Phase 1=1 JAN 2020, 1 March 2020

Phase2=1Apr 2020,1jun 2020

if i get execution date as 3 Feb 2020 then my verified  Column should be displayed as Phase 1 otherwise Phase 2
 Example:

idverified execution Date
1Phase13-Feb-20 
2Phase14-Feb-20 
3Phase15-Feb-20 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As I mentioned earlier, for date comparisons you have to convert them into epoch.

make sure your time formats are in proper format. for example month you mentioned sometime full month name, sometimes abbreviated month, difficult to write query if that is case, hence I have modified them in my below query.

|makeresults 
| eval test="Phase 1=1 Jan 2020,1 Mar 2020|Phase 2=1 Apr 2020,1 Jun 2020"
| makemv test delim="|"
| mvexpand test
| rex field=test "(?<phase>[^\=]+)\=(?<first_date>[^\,]+)\,(?<last_date>.*)"
| eval verified_date="3 Feb 2020"
| eval first_date_epoch=strptime(first_date,"%d %b %Y"),last_date_epoch=strptime(last_date,"%d %b %Y"),verified_epoch=strptime(verified_date,"%d %b %Y")
| eval output = if( verified_epoch >=first_date_epoch AND verified_epoch<=last_date_epoch,"Phase1","Phase2")

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As I mentioned earlier, for date comparisons you have to convert them into epoch.

make sure your time formats are in proper format. for example month you mentioned sometime full month name, sometimes abbreviated month, difficult to write query if that is case, hence I have modified them in my below query.

|makeresults 
| eval test="Phase 1=1 Jan 2020,1 Mar 2020|Phase 2=1 Apr 2020,1 Jun 2020"
| makemv test delim="|"
| mvexpand test
| rex field=test "(?<phase>[^\=]+)\=(?<first_date>[^\,]+)\,(?<last_date>.*)"
| eval verified_date="3 Feb 2020"
| eval first_date_epoch=strptime(first_date,"%d %b %Y"),last_date_epoch=strptime(last_date,"%d %b %Y"),verified_epoch=strptime(verified_date,"%d %b %Y")
| eval output = if( verified_epoch >=first_date_epoch AND verified_epoch<=last_date_epoch,"Phase1","Phase2")

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

renuka
Path Finder

Thank you so much ,I get the answers requried

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Please explain the relationship among first date, last date, execution date, and verified. The text says verified of "Phase 1" is when execution date = 3 Feb 2020, but the sample output shows "Phase 1" for all execution dates.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

renuka
Path Finder

we have implementation field where it contains values Phase 1 And Phase 2

First Date  And Last Date  will extract through lookup.
we have  separate mapping. csv  file where we have the phase 1 and phase 2  dates

we need to extract  verified column by comparing the first and last date with execution date
 if execution date is in between the First date and last date it should give me that phase

example: if my execution date is 03 Feb 2020

it is coming in the duration of Phase 1 i.e Phase1= 01 jan 2020-01mar 2020

then we get output verified=phase1

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

See if this helps.  To compare dates, they must first be converted into integers.

| eval eFirstDate = strptime(first_date, "%d %b %Y"), eLastDate = strptime(last_date, "%d %b %Y"), eExecDate = strptime(execution_date, "%d %b %Y")
| eval verified = case(eExecDate < eLastDate, "Phase 1", 1==1, "Phase 2")
---
0 Karma

renuka
Path Finder

Thank you ,but is not giving me the any output

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
My answer was a partial query. You must supply the beginning part to fetch data from the indexers.
Please share your full query.
---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...