Splunk Search

Checkpoint logs in splunk requirements

clymbouris
Path Finder

Hi,

I've been asked to configure this in our environment and I was hoping to get a quick answer in these questions:

1) Does the indexer/searchhead need to run on Linux/Solaris OS? Or will Windows Server do?

2) Does anyone know if this would work on R76?

Many thanks

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Chubbybunny
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Indexer/Searchhead can be any of the supported platforms, however, due to the nature of the Splunk OPSEC LEA app, you'll need to run it on Linux or Solaris (typically a Heavy Forwarder). Please refer to the online docs below.

splunk-add-on-for-check-point-opsec-lea-linux

splunk-add-on-for-check-point-opsec-lea-solaris

Yes, R76 is supported.

View solution in original post

Chubbybunny
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Indexer/Searchhead can be any of the supported platforms, however, due to the nature of the Splunk OPSEC LEA app, you'll need to run it on Linux or Solaris (typically a Heavy Forwarder). Please refer to the online docs below.

splunk-add-on-for-check-point-opsec-lea-linux

splunk-add-on-for-check-point-opsec-lea-solaris

Yes, R76 is supported.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...