Splunk Search

Checking data integrity with search command

hRun
Path Finder

A short question:

I have configured IT data block signing, as described here:http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.0/Security/ITDataSigning

Checking the integrity via "Show Source" in SplunkWeb works fine, but is there a way to verify the integrity with a search command (so I can perform the check via API, etc.).

Example: I want an output as the following SPL-Statement gives me, if audit event signing is enabled.

index=_audit | audit | table validity gap _raw
0 Karma

hopnscotch
Path Finder

I'm looking for an answer to this issue as well. Integrity can be checked "on demand", but that really isn't enough for policy compliance, we need to be able to actively monitor for changes.

For your question, I though I read that you cannot check it at an index level.

If splunk expects companies to rely on it for the entire log solution, there needs to be a solution to this.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...