Splunk Search

Changing how time is displayed based on user input

exocore123
Path Finder

I have a dashboard with a range of aggregation span from 1h, 1d, 7d, 1mon. And I want to change how timestamp is displayed depending on the user input for aggregation span, something like this

eval Timestamp=case($span$="1mon", strftime(_time,"%b %Y"), $span$="1d" OR $span$="7d", strftime(_time,"%d %b %Y"))

However, I keep getting a mismatched ) error, not sure how to work around this.

0 Karma
1 Solution

lguinn2
Legend

I don't really see a problem, but I wonder if it is something to do with the token. Try this and see what happens:

eval Timestamp=case("$span$"="1mon", strftime(_time,"%b %Y"),
                    "$span$"="1d" OR "$span$"="7d", strftime(_time,"%d %b %Y") )

View solution in original post

lguinn2
Legend

I don't really see a problem, but I wonder if it is something to do with the token. Try this and see what happens:

eval Timestamp=case("$span$"="1mon", strftime(_time,"%b %Y"),
                    "$span$"="1d" OR "$span$"="7d", strftime(_time,"%d %b %Y") )

cmerriman
Super Champion

Or possible $span|s$ to encase the token value in quotes.
Is that where your search breaks? When you run everything before that eval it works?

0 Karma

exocore123
Path Finder

Yep, seems like I had to put the input in quotes, thank you

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...