Splunk Search

Change height of bar/row in bar chart?

sc0tt
Builder

How can I adjust the height of a bar in a bar chart? I've been unable to find examples of this.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

afishkin_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Please try
charting.chart.barSpacing for bar
charting.chart.columnSpacing for column

View solution in original post

afishkin_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can use negative number as -5
It controls space between columns

sc0tt
Builder

Perfect! Thanks.

0 Karma

afishkin_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Please try
charting.chart.barSpacing for bar
charting.chart.columnSpacing for column

vvemula
Path Finder

Thank you. its worked for me. 

0 Karma

sc0tt
Builder

Thanks. This did adjust the width of the bar but I could only make it thinner. It would not increase the thickness. Any ideas why?

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

I am not quite sure what you mean, but there are a couple of possibilities:

1. You want to make the whole chart bigger. To do this, run the dashboard or report, then draw your mouse over the lower portion of the chart. At some point, a gray horizontal bar will appear - grab and drag it downward to increase the height of your chart.

2. You want to change the scale of the Y axis. To do this, run the report, then choose Formatting Options then Y-axis. You can set the minimum and maximum values for the Y axis, which should increase the range.

3. You want a particular bar to be taller. I don't think this is what you mean, because to do that, the data point simply must have a larger value!

Or maybe you mean something else?

0 Karma

sc0tt
Builder

Sorry for being unclear. I meant I want to set the width of the bar in a bar chart. I'm using advanced XML and I've tried <param name="charting.chart.columnStyle.width">30</param> but it didn't seem to have any effect. I'm creating a dashboard and displaying multiple charts/stats in a single row. For appearance, I do not need the labels on the Y axis because the needed values are already in an adjacent table so I have removed them in CSS. Now I want to adjust the width of the bars/rows in the bar chart so that it aligns properly with the other tables.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Platform | Upgrading your Splunk Deployment to Python 3.9

Splunk initially announced the removal of Python 2 during the release of Splunk Enterprise 8.0.0, aiming to ...

From Product Design to User Insights: Boosting App Developer Identity on Splunkbase

co-authored by Yiyun Zhu & Dan Hosaka Engaging with the Community at .conf24 At .conf24, we revitalized the ...

Detect and Resolve Issues in a Kubernetes Environment

We’ve gone through common problems one can encounter in a Kubernetes environment, their impacts, and the ...