Splunk Search

Change height of bar/row in bar chart?

sc0tt
Builder

How can I adjust the height of a bar in a bar chart? I've been unable to find examples of this.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

afishkin_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Please try
charting.chart.barSpacing for bar
charting.chart.columnSpacing for column

View solution in original post

afishkin_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You can use negative number as -5
It controls space between columns

sc0tt
Builder

Perfect! Thanks.

0 Karma

afishkin_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Please try
charting.chart.barSpacing for bar
charting.chart.columnSpacing for column

vvemula
Path Finder

Thank you. its worked for me. 

0 Karma

sc0tt
Builder

Thanks. This did adjust the width of the bar but I could only make it thinner. It would not increase the thickness. Any ideas why?

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

I am not quite sure what you mean, but there are a couple of possibilities:

1. You want to make the whole chart bigger. To do this, run the dashboard or report, then draw your mouse over the lower portion of the chart. At some point, a gray horizontal bar will appear - grab and drag it downward to increase the height of your chart.

2. You want to change the scale of the Y axis. To do this, run the report, then choose Formatting Options then Y-axis. You can set the minimum and maximum values for the Y axis, which should increase the range.

3. You want a particular bar to be taller. I don't think this is what you mean, because to do that, the data point simply must have a larger value!

Or maybe you mean something else?

0 Karma

sc0tt
Builder

Sorry for being unclear. I meant I want to set the width of the bar in a bar chart. I'm using advanced XML and I've tried <param name="charting.chart.columnStyle.width">30</param> but it didn't seem to have any effect. I'm creating a dashboard and displaying multiple charts/stats in a single row. For appearance, I do not need the labels on the Y axis because the needed values are already in an adjacent table so I have removed them in CSS. Now I want to adjust the width of the bars/rows in the bar chart so that it aligns properly with the other tables.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...