Splunk Search

Change Date Format Display

togmolodon
Explorer

Hi,

I just want to change the displayed date format from 2014-04-03T23:00:00.000Z to 2014-04-03 19:00 i.e., convert from Zulu to GMT-4 using the date field.

I can't seem to figure this one out.

Many thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

togmolodon
Explorer

@martin_mueller
Changing the timezone via settings is not an option for me, thanks though for your insight.

@linu1988
I am getting an error when I tried yours, thanks anyways.

FYI, I was able to make it work using the following:

eval epochtime = strptime(date,"%FT%H:%M:%S.%3Q")-14400 | eval "Revised" = strftime(epochtime, "%F %H:%M %p") | table Revised

View solution in original post

togmolodon
Explorer

@martin_mueller
Changing the timezone via settings is not an option for me, thanks though for your insight.

@linu1988
I am getting an error when I tried yours, thanks anyways.

FYI, I was able to make it work using the following:

eval epochtime = strptime(date,"%FT%H:%M:%S.%3Q")-14400 | eval "Revised" = strftime(epochtime, "%F %H:%M %p") | table Revised

linu1988
Champion

i thought you had your default timeforamt in _time field!! Btw good that you have done it.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can set the timezone for your user to GMT-4: SplunkBar -> Username -> Edit Account -> Timezone
That will make Splunk render all timestamps, including custom strftime() outputs, as GMT-4. It won't affect _raw text of course.

0 Karma

linu1988
Champion
|eval _time=_time-(4*3600)|convert  timeformat="%y-%m-%d %H:%M" ctime(_time)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...