Splunk Search

Can’t find a csv

Orange_girl
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hello, one of my splunk searches uses .csv file. I’m trying to find where the .csv is located within splunk and I can’t find it. Is there any command that I can put in splunk to find the file location please?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Orange_girl.,

what do you mean with "splunk searches uses .csv file", are you using a lookup or an inputcsv?

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Orange_girl
Loves-to-Learn Everything

The .csv is actually used with”join”. However my question is related more to just finding a file, whether lookup or input. I don’t know if the .csv is an output of some other search, script or a file loaded into splunk. Is there a way to find where it comes from if I know nothing but its name?

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Join command (which should not really be used unless as a rule of thumb; unless there is a very good reason for it and there is no other way) uses two searches. So the .csv file you're talking about must be referenced somehow withihn such search. You can't just search from a file.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...