Splunk Search

Can I disable clicking on items in table view when sharing search results?

caffein
Path Finder

When sharing a search result I would like to disable clicking on the individual table cells. I would still like to be able to sort by column by clicking on the column header though. This comes up a lot when i share results that took a long time to run and someone accidentally clicks on a cell which causes splunk tries to run a huge query all over again.

I saw this post:
http://splunk-base.splunk.com/answers/7646/how-to-disable-results-table-row-clicking
But I would specifically like to disable drilldown when sharing saved results, not when creating a view or dashboard.

1 Solution

Ayn
Legend

You need to setup a separate view for this, because the default view is indeed configured to make table results clickable and has no way of determining whether the user is viewing results that you shared or just viewing results as part of "normal usage".

View solution in original post

Ayn
Legend

You need to setup a separate view for this, because the default view is indeed configured to make table results clickable and has no way of determining whether the user is viewing results that you shared or just viewing results as part of "normal usage".

sjanwity
Communicator

+1 on the above two issues. It's been 2 years since, has anything changed?

0 Karma

therealdpk
Path Finder

Can it be disabled for the default, global search view using the web UI? We're trying to use Splunk here but run in to this problem all the time. It'd be better if the page required you to hold a modifier to drill down.

caffein
Path Finder

So there's no way to just save some results, send a link to someone and have cell clicking/drilldown disabled?

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...