Splunk Search

Calculate after stats command

jariw
Path Finder

L.s.,

I want to get the latency from the input from a forwarder to an index. So whe use the app Meta_woot. It creates an inputlookup file meta-woot. In this file are the latest in-time and host names and index names. So far so good.

Next is to use this file for calculating  if a host is late or recent or delayed. Those searches are in the app and works fine. But i want a little extension, i want a table with the indexes as leading, and then calculate (by index) the percentage recent/late host, and sum it a one outcome (per index)

So far the theory, now my tries. I used below serach.

| inputlookup meta_woot where index=*
| eval convert_late=(1440*60)
| eval convert_delayed=(60*60)
| eval last_time=(now()-recentTime)
| eval last_time_indexed=case(last_time < convert_delayed, "Recent", last_time > convert_late, "Late", last_time > convert_delayed, "Delayed")
| eval compliant_host=if(last_time_indexed="Recent", "1","0")
| stats count(compliant_host) as chost by index, compliant_host

This gives me a result where the outcome has split into indexname vs compliant_host and chost

index compliant_host chost

main011
main1123
msad16
nmon15
openshift11
temp_log11
wineventlog12

Now the question, how do i calculate the percentage for index main ( (123+11)/11) so i get an percentage value. How do i calculate with values after a stats command??

Pls help

Thanx in advance

greetz

Jari

Labels (3)
0 Karma

jariw
Path Finder

Hi KV,

Thanx for the answer. it give me some clues to work with. The only (and i think diffiuct thing) is that i want to group the results from the "main" and calculate between those two.

"main"has two type's ,

one with the compliant_host with value 0, and total 11

one with the compliant_host with value 1, and total  123

I want tot calculate between those two.. ((123+11)/11)*100  for the (total amount in main/11)*100

I think the hardest problem is the grouping off the "main" en then calculate witth it.

grts

Jari

0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@jariw 

Can you please try this?

| makeresults 
| eval _raw="index,compliant_host,chost
main,0,11
main,1,123
msad,1,6
nmon,1,5
openshift,1,1
temp_log,1,1
wineventlog,1,2" 
| multikv forceheader=1 
| table index,compliant_host,chost 
| stats sum(chost) as total list(chost) as chost by index | eval chost=mvindex(chost,0)
| eval percentage=round((total/chost)*100,2)
0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@jariw 

Are you looking for this?

| makeresults | eval _raw="index,compliant_host,chost
main,0,11
main,1,123
msad,1,6
nmon,1,5
openshift,1,1
temp_log,1,1
wineventlog,1,2"| multikv forceheader=1
| table index,compliant_host,chost | eventstats sum(chost) as total by index | eval percentage=round((chost/total)*100,2) | fields - total

KV

0 Karma

jariw
Path Finder

Hi KV,

Sorry for the late answer, i had a free long weekend.

I think i see it now. I don't have to group it indeed, just get the one's with value "0" for the complian_host. If that one is above 33 % then i want a warning.

I think i can write this one 🙂

thanks foor the help.

grts

Jari

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...