Splunk Search

Calculate Ratio of Two Counter Streams

sks

I've two counter streams, I would like to display that as a percentage as

B/(B+C)  in the chart but it always gives me an error. 

B = data('prod.metrics.biz.l2_cache_miss', rollup='rate', extrapolation='zero').publish(label='B')
C = data('prod.metrics.biz.l2_cache_hit', rollup='rate', extrapolation='zero').publish(label='C')

How can I create a new metrics out of these two to find either cache hit or miss percentage? 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

KendallW
Path Finder

Hi @sks if you want just the percentage of misses and the percentage of hits, you can do this with eval:

| eval Bperc=('B'/(B+C))*100
| eval Cperc=('C'/(B+C))*100

If you want to show this in a chart (e.g. pie chart) you don't need to calculate the percentage as Splunk will do this for you, but you will need to get the values of B and C in the same column using transpose. Example:

KendallW_0-1711418990776.png

0 Karma

sks

Hi @KendallW  

Thanks for the reply, but that does not work as I'm plotting this in the line chart.   The data is coming to SignalFx from the StatsD agent.   

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 11.24.54 AM.png

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...