Splunk Search

CSV Ingestion

nags
Engager

I have CSV File with delimiter "|" like sample below for new ingestion. I wanted to use standard sourcetype csv. But standard:csv is having "," as delimiter. Can we add more than one delimiter in FIELD_DELIMITER attribute? If so how can do that. Or for the below one do we need to define other sourcetype with separate individual delimiter

I tried this FIELD_DELIMITER=",||" but not working

name|age|class

john|9|first

bob|10|second

Could you please help 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You're trying to use the standard CSV sourcetype with a non-standard CSV file.  That's not likely to work.

The FIELD_DELIMITER setting takes a single character as its value.  In this case, the value should be "|".  IIRC, this setting applies only if INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS is set.  Using INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS = PSV should handle file without the need for FIELD_DELIMITER.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You're trying to use the standard CSV sourcetype with a non-standard CSV file.  That's not likely to work.

The FIELD_DELIMITER setting takes a single character as its value.  In this case, the value should be "|".  IIRC, this setting applies only if INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS is set.  Using INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS = PSV should handle file without the need for FIELD_DELIMITER.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...