Splunk Search

CPU utilization

ARaman77
Explorer

There are some liberty services and in some host we have many microservice , I want to monitor CPU / memory usage in the particular host , is there a splunk query that will help me get this

Labels (3)
Tags (1)

ARaman77
Explorer

I am sorry if my questions are naive , but after some working around I was able to extract some CPU information

index=oslogs AND host=xxxxxx AND sourcetype=top AND pctCPU>0 | stats avg(pctCPU) as avgCPU by PID

however the PID will change on redeployment and restart of service , is there a way to get the process name to get the same query

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @ARaman77 you should provide us some more details.. the logs from the systems are already ingested to splunk or not yet? did you use some add-ons? 

if the CPU/memory logs are already ingested to splunk, then, you can run some search query and show us how the logs look like, so that we can fine-tune and get the cpu/memory details you wanted. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...