Splunk Search

Automatic Lookup not working

gokulakrishnans
Explorer

I've followed http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/User/CreateAndConfigureFieldLookups and looked at plenty of questions about the same topic on here and I still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with my automatic lookup. I also watched a video on this but it didn't really show how the lookup was created.

Here's my csv file I want to use for a file based lookup:

Error_Desc.csv

ErrorCode,description
1,A
2,A
3,A
4,A

For Lookup Table Files I selected
this csv and gave it the same name
for Destination filename.

For Lookup Definitions, destination app is "search", name is "WAT_Lookups.csv", type is "file based", and the lookup file is "Error_Desc.csv".

For Automatic Lookups, I have the following

Lookup Table: Error_Desc)=
Lookup input fields - ErrorCode=ABCD.ReturnCode
Lookup Output fields - Description = Description
Apply to : sourcetype named ****

Query I used to search is index=*** sourcetype=*** |table ErrorCode Description. If I run this query I get the coulmns but black table. Not sure how to proceed.

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your lookup file has a lowercase field description, your automatic lookup expects an uppercase field Description.

gokulakrishnans
Explorer

Fine. I will correct that. Please clarify me the following.

Lookup Table: Error_Desc
Lookup input fields - ErrorCode=ABCD.ReturnCode (or) ErrorCode (or) ReturnCode
Lookup Output fields - Description = Description "Do I have to make any modifications in this"
Apply to: sourcetype named

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...