View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| rex mode=sed "s/(?<pair>\w{2})/\1-/g s/-$//g"

ayushisrivastav
Engager

Hi @ITWhisperer , 

please can you explain me the regular expression which you have written to fulfil the request.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Firstly, rex is put into stream-edit (sed) mode.

The regular expression is in two parts (separated by a space)

Secondly, the first sed expression means substitute (s) the captured group (?<pair>\w{2}) of 2 word-characters with the first captured group (\1) followed by a hyphen (1) done globally (g) through the field.

Thirdly, the second sed expression means substitute (s) the hyphen (-) at the end ($) for nothing i.e. remove it.

Laxman24
Explorer

Thank you!!!! 🙂 it works

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...