Splunk Search

Adding First Column to the Table

dustintroop
Explorer

I'm generating the output for Column 2, 3 from search. I want to add column to the start of the table. In the below example, I want to add the First Column "Product" with values "Product1" & "Product2". Please shed some light here. Appreciate your help in advance.

example

Product Pass Count Fail Count

Product1 5 5
Product2 1 4

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

One can add fields ("columns ") at any time and then use the table command to put them in the desired order. In this case, however, the two searches can be combined and all fields generated at once with stats. The forum mangled the regular expressions (use the code 101010 button to prevent that) so you'll have to fix them before running this example.

index=abc source="bcd" earliest=-24h@h 
| where like('Source_Team', "%BDLM%") 
| rex max_match=0 "(?<Pass>Pass*)" 
| rex max_match=0 "(?<Fail>Fail*)" 
| eval passCount=mvcount(Pass), failCount=mvcount(Fail) 
| stats sum(passCount) as Compliant, sum(failCount) as Non-Compliant by Product
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
| streamstats count
| eval Product="Product".count
| table Product *

If you want to make it simply from the top, this is it.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

One can add fields ("columns ") at any time and then use the table command to put them in the desired order. In this case, however, the two searches can be combined and all fields generated at once with stats. The forum mangled the regular expressions (use the code 101010 button to prevent that) so you'll have to fix them before running this example.

index=abc source="bcd" earliest=-24h@h 
| rex max_match=0 "(?<Pass>Pass*)" 
| rex max_match=0 "(?<Fail>Fail*)" 
| eval passCount=mvcount(Pass), failCount=mvcount(Fail) 
| stats sum(passCount) as Compliant, sum(failCount) as Non-Compliant by Product
---
0 Karma

dustintroop
Explorer

@richgalloway. Thanks a bunch for consolidating the search. It is working when i remove the "by product" string from the search at the end. So, i'm not able to add the First column

The Events against which i'm performing this search doesn't have a field called product. I want to add the first column manually [since this field didn't exists anywhere] to the table.

0 Karma

dustintroop
Explorer

One last help. how can i add Pass percentage and Fail Percentage in the table ?. Below is the current search.

index=abcd source="bcd" earliest=-24h@h
| rex max_match=0 "(?Pass*)"
| rex max_match=0 "(?Fail*)"
| rex max_match=0 "(?(Pass|Fail))"
| eval passCount=mvcount(Pass), failCount=mvcount(Fail), TotalCount=mvcount(BOTH)
| stats sum(TotalCount) as Total_Checks, sum(passCount) as Pass_Count, sum(failCount) as Fail_Count by Product
| fillnull value=0 Pass_Count,Fail_Count,Total_Checks

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Put this after stats.

| eval passPct = Pass_Count * 100 / Total_Checks, failPct = failCount * 100 / Total_Checks
---
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Not having the Product field in the raw data complicates matters a bit. It's easy enough to use eval Product= foo to add a field, but how will Splunk know which product name to associate with each event? Is there some other field that be used to determine the product?

---
0 Karma

dustintroop
Explorer

Thanks again @richgalloway. You have driven me to the solution. I have a unique identifier for a each product in the "Source_Team" field. So i renamed both the field name as well as the values in that fields to have what i desired to display.

Appreciate your Valuable Time & help.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please share your current search query.

---
0 Karma

dustintroop
Explorer

Here is my current search

index=abc source="bcd" earliest=-24h@h | where like('Source_Team', "%BDLM%") | rex max_match=0 "(?PPass*)" | eval count=mvcount(Method) | stats sum(count) as Compliant | appendcols [ search index=abc source="bcd" earliest=-24h@h | where like('Source_Team', "%BDLM%") | rex max_match=0 "(?PFail*)" | eval count=mvcount(Method) | stats sum(count) as Non-Compliant]

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...