Splunk Search

Add a new column,except "Time" "Event".

dovelsh12223621
Path Finder

I want to add a new column,just like host to default the search results display .You know the searchstring like "index=_internal “ will show us :
Time Event

I want to add a new column,so the search results will display:
Time Host Event

Please,give me some advices,thanks.

Tags (3)

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you want a table, use table with the columns you are interested in:

index=_internal | table _time host sourcetype

If you want the entire event, use

index=_internal | table _time host _raw
0 Karma

dovelsh12223621
Path Finder

Yeah ,I know table .However,the table have no friendly user interface.I am sorry with it,also.I want to the search results display .Just like "index=_internal “ will show us ,and add new column like (host).Please,help me.

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Ah. Maybe the option to show those events as a table instead of a list is what you want. Under the green bars showing the count of results over time when you search for index=_internal, click on the leftmost option which should say "List" by default, next to "Format" and "20 per page". Select "Table" there instead of list, and you will see that besides the timestamp there are columns for all fields that are selected. If you do this and in the event sidebar select host and whichever other fields you are interested in, maybe this is what you need.

Although in a way, this is pretty much the same as table does.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...