Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

How to convert to date time from Epoch?

JoshiSri
Explorer

I have a field named start_time on an artifact, and trying to send a mail to a team. But if I just choose the API name, it send the epoch time. It needs to be in the Readable format. Any child playbook or custom function for it please

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

JoshiSri
Explorer

I had taken a look at it and it wont work the way it should, Instead I created a new custom code only one to convert the date format. Thanks Anyways

View solution in original post

0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@JoshiSri there is a datetime_modify community custom function that may help:

phanTom_0-1681200755408.png

-- If this helped please mark as a solution! Happy SOARing!

0 Karma

JoshiSri
Explorer

I had taken a look at it and it wont work the way it should, Instead I created a new custom code only one to convert the date format. Thanks Anyways

0 Karma

prasanthkota
Engager

Hello Joshi,

We are having a similar issue. Is it possible to share the custom code?

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use the strftime() function to convert an epoch time to a readable format.

strftime 

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's a Splunk SOAR (formerly Phantom) forum. I'm pretty sure SPL commands and functions don't work there 😉

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Thanks for the Memories! Splunk University, .conf24, and Community Connections

Thank you to everyone in the Splunk Community who joined us for .conf24 – starting with Splunk University and ...

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...