Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Configure the base_url of an asset (http) dynamically

Carloszavala121
Explorer

Hello, good day community, I have a problem and I hope you can help me, I need to configure an asset of the http app to make a get request, when configuring it in the asset settings tab there is a field called base_url, this is mandatory to fill out , the detail is that I need that base url dynamic, since I am going to take it from the artifacts through a flow, each url is different, until now I have not been able to solve it, I hope for your help, thank you

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jenniandthebets
Explorer

I haven't had much success with dynamically setting individual fields within an asset config. That being said, if you have a set list of URLs for that field, you can configure an asset per base_url you need, and then pass in the asset name as a parameter. 

You may also have some success if you edit the HTTP app itself and modify this functionality for your own use cases, but that's a bit more complicated.

View solution in original post

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Carloszavala121 as @jenniandthebets said, the best way is to create your own app for this or modify the existing one to remove the need for base_url at the asset level and have it as a parameter for the GET action instead maybe.

jenniandthebets
Explorer

I haven't had much success with dynamically setting individual fields within an asset config. That being said, if you have a set list of URLs for that field, you can configure an asset per base_url you need, and then pass in the asset name as a parameter. 

You may also have some success if you edit the HTTP app itself and modify this functionality for your own use cases, but that's a bit more complicated.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Stay Connected: Your Guide to May Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Take a look below to explore our upcoming Community Office Hours, Tech Talks, and Webinars this month. This ...

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...