Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

logging in Splunk SOAR

emesabarrameda
Loves-to-Learn

Hi, 

I am implementing a Splunk SOAR Connector and i was wondering if it is possible to write logs at different levels. There are different levels that can be configured on SystemHealth/Debugging but the BaseConnector only has debug_print and error_print methods. How can I print INFO,  WARNING and TRACE logs on my connector?

Thank

Eduardo

Labels (2)
0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@emesabarrameda I can't seem to find anything in the docs: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SOARonprem/6.2.0/DevelopApps/AppDevAPIRef 

Both options you call out have the tag option which could maybe be used for thee INFO/WARNING/TRACE strings?

Any reason you want to Split into those categories as it all ends up in spawn.log anyway. 

0 Karma

emesabarrameda
Loves-to-Learn

Hi @phanTom 

Thank for your reply.

On my connector,  there are some actions that are repeated a lot and having logs on them could flood the logs. I was hopping to add those logs only if customer chose to enable them.

Why is the reason to have different levels of loggings if we cannot decide whether to print them or not? 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Optimize Cloud Monitoring

TECH TALKS Optimize Cloud Monitoring Tuesday, August 13, 2024  |  11:00AM–12:00PM PST   Register to ...

What's New in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.2.2403?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.2.2403! Analysts can ...

Stay Connected: Your Guide to July and August Tech Talks, Office Hours, and Webinars!

Dive into our sizzling summer lineup for July and August Community Office Hours and Tech Talks. Scroll down to ...