Splunk IT Service Intelligence

"Unable to retrieve Java version on this machine, make sure Java is properly installed"

Jarohnimo
Builder

Java JDK 8 installed on the machine (Windows Server 2012 R2) yet i get this message.

I'm running ITSI ontop of the latest version of Splunk
he functionality that requires ITSI is anomaly detection but isn't working for whatever reason and I get this message.

0 Karma

michael_mcgrail
Engager

I know this question is fairly old, but in case anyone else comes across this:
We had this same issue with ITSI on RedHat. Even with JRE installed and working, we found to issues:
1. Splunk /etc/splunk-launch.conf was owned by root for some reason so we chown splunk:splunk the entire directory again
2. We still had to update /etc/splunk-launch.conf to include JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jre1.8.0_211/ The documentation says this is not required if PATH or JAVA_HOME are set, but we found we had to set all 3 (JAVA_HOME, PATH and also specify in splunk-launch.conf).

0 Karma

mwdbhyat
Builder

Does the user have permission to run/access this? Has the Java service started correctly?

0 Karma

sylbaea
Communicator

@mwdbhyat I have same problem... In my case, no permission issue but what do you mean by "Java service started"

0 Karma

Super Champion

@Jarohnimo , are you able to resolve your issue?

0 Karma

Jarohnimo
Builder

No, I just gave up on that functionality. I consider it a bug as from all my searches there's no clear answer

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...