Splunk Enterprise

Why is there PYTHONHTTPSVERIFY Message during Splunk Enterprise Instance Restart?

anandhalagaras1
Communicator

Whenever when I restart or stop and start the Splunk Enterprise instance running in my HF or DM server i am getting this message as below but anyhow the splunk process is getting started as expected. But how can we get rid of this message. Kindly let me know.

PYTHONHTTPSVERIFY is set to 0 in splunk-launch.conf disabling certificate validation for the httplib and urllib libraries shipped with the embedded Python interpreter; must be set to "1" for increased security

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is one of several "nag" messages recently added to Splunk.  They're intended to help you make your Splunk installation more secure, but are a nuisance in sites that don't care about that extra security.

The only way I know to get rid of the message is to implement the security feature it recommends (and any side effects of it).  Otherwise, just ignore the message.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

anandhalagaras1
Communicator

Can anyone respond to my query please.

0 Karma

anandhalagaras1
Communicator

@richgalloway Can you kindly help on my query please.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...