Splunk Enterprise

Why did Kvstore fail on SHs and indexers?

ssuluguri
Path Finder

Hi team,

KV strore is getting failed frequently on both SHs and indexers after upgrading to 9.0.2 . Can some help if any known resolution .

ssuluguri_0-1680798876042.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ssuluguri
Path Finder

My issues resolved after performing below steps.

Issue on windows machine .

1.Removed splunk certificates from machine 

2.Removed server.pem 

Restarted splunk and KV store READY.

Thanks for your time.

View solution in original post

ssuluguri
Path Finder

My issues resolved after performing below steps.

Issue on windows machine .

1.Removed splunk certificates from machine 

2.Removed server.pem 

Restarted splunk and KV store READY.

Thanks for your time.

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

There are innumerable bugs causing uncontrolled KVStore grown in all versions of Splunk.  It is truly maddening.  What I sometimes do in cloud environments is create a KVSTORE directory in /run stop splunk, move the files from wherever they are growing uncontrollably to /run/KVSTORE, then create delete the original directory, then replace the source directory with a soft link pointing to /run/KVSTORE.  Yes, this means that when the server reboots, all of these files are lost, but so far as I can tell, theses are not strictly necessary and will be recreated in that situation.  Splunk really needs to re-engineer KVSTORE.

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

KVStore should be disabled on all indexers because it is not used.

What release did you upgrade from?  Have you upgraded the KVStore engine to wiredTiger and the version to 4.2 per https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.0.4/Admin/MigrateKVstore?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...