Splunk Enterprise

Using condition setting the status

vikashperiwal
Path Finder

Hi,

I am trying to achive a logic for below scenario , but getting conflict ..

Table

id start_time end_time  Ov_status value value_status
xyz.123 2020-07-22   Inprogress myvalue Failed
xyz.123 2020-07-22 2020-07-22 completed yourval Completed
abc.321 2020-07-22   Inprogress isval Inprogress

Here i have used below case statement to get Ov_status

| eval Ov_status=case(isnotnull(start_time) AND isnull(end_time ),"Inprogress",isnotnull(start_time) AND isnotnull(end_time ),"completed")

Now i want if value_status is failed for any value of id(xyz.123) the Ov_status should reset to failed

Labels (2)
0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@vikashperiwal Based on your question seems like only if value_status in your data is already failed you want to use that value for deriving Overall Status. For other value_status, the Overall Status is determined based on whether you have End Date present in data or not. So try the following eval:

| eventstats values(value_status) as status_values by id
| eval Ov_status=case(status_values=="Failed","Failed",
    isnotnull(start_time) AND isnull(end_time ),"Inprogress",
    isnotnull(start_time) AND isnotnull(end_time ),"Completed",
    true(),"Unknown")

Following is a run anywhere example based on the details provided:

| makeresults 
| eval data="xyz.123 2020-07-22 Failed -;xyz.123 2020-07-22 Completed 2020-07-22;abc.321 2020-07-22 Inprogress -;" 
| makemv data delim=";" 
| mvexpand data 
| makemv data delim=" " 
| eval id=mvindex(data,0), start_time=mvindex(data,1), value_status=mvindex(data,2), end_time=mvindex(data,3) 
| eval end_time=case(end_time!="-",end_time) 
| table id start_time end_time value_status 
| eventstats values(value_status) as status_values by id
| eval Ov_status=case(match(status_values,"Failed"),"Failed",
    isnotnull(start_time) AND isnull(end_time ),"Inprogress",
    isnotnull(start_time) AND isnotnull(end_time ),"Completed",
    true(),"Unknown")

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

How about this:

| eval Ov_status=case(id="xyz.123" AND value_status="Failed","Failed", isnotnull(start_time) AND isnull(end_time ),"Inprogress",isnotnull(start_time) AND isnotnull(end_time ),"completed")
0 Karma

vikashperiwal
Path Finder

Thanks for the response..

Here the the ID is dynamic , i may have 100 of ID"s and each id is associated with some values and each value has a status called value status.

If my value status is failed i need to make my overall status f field for all the values present is that I'd...

I was thnking of some thing below

|eval Ov_status= if(value_status=="failed" OR value_status=="Inprogress" or value_status=="completed", "failed",Ov_status)..

But above condition  is making all my Ov_status to failed irrespective of checking ID

I want to filter by ID

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...