Splunk Enterprise

TCP output error after upgradation of HF

uagraw01
Builder

Hello Splunkers!!

When i am upgrading my web HF from 8.0.0 to 8.1.2 then i am getting below error. Please let me what is available workaround for the below issue.

The TCP output processor has paused the data flow. Forwarding to host_dest=<indexer_name> inside output group splunkcloud from host_src=<HF_NAME> has been blocked for blocked_seconds=1970. This can stall the data flow towards indexing and other network outputs. Review the receiving system's health in the Splunk Monitoring Console. It is probably not accepting data.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @uagraw01 

the target index queue is blocked check the indexer status using MC and do the necessary fix so the HF will start resuming forwarding events to indexers.

you can check the ./splunk list forward-server on HF is there are at least one active indexer.

--

An upvote would be appreciated if  this reply helps!

0 Karma

Stefanie
Builder

Probably not helpful but I have had this error a few times in the past. I just restart the Indexer and it works as normal. I don't know what causes this, I just fixed it. haha

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...