Splunk Enterprise

Splunk taking wrong time stamp

splunky1
Loves-to-Learn Everything

I am located in Australia/Sydney time zone and my Splunk is wrongly understanding timestamp sometimes.

When logs are ingested into Splunk e.g. for today’s date 01/06/2021 is misunderstood by Splunk config as 06th of Jan 2021 instead of 1st of June 2021 for some log sources and this issue is happening every month for the first few days.

Majority of my hosts are ingested as 6th of Jan 2021 instead of 1st of June but not all the hosts. I checked the settings for each of the sourcetype and most of them doesn't have any specific setting on time zone or how to read the time stamp. So far the time stamp issue is happening in the first few days of the month and then its auto corrects the new logs by Sydney time zone.

How can I declare the setting globally to ensure all the logs align with the right time zone?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...