Splunk Enterprise

Splunk Addon builder error Internal Value can only contain alphanumeric characters and underscores.

Vardhan
Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to build a alert action where I have an drop down with fixed values. But when I am passing the data to  internal value . I am getting error like Internal Value can only contain alphanumeric characters and underscores.  How to resolve this issue can anyone help?

Internal Value: 4-Minor/Localized

Vardhan_0-1627405639862.png

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Vardhan
Contributor

The workaround solution is to edit the HTML file and pass the internal values with special charachters.

Path to edit: /opt/splunk/etc/app_name/default/ui/nav/alerts/custom_alert.html

<option value="4-Minor/Localized">4-Minor/Localized</option>

View solution in original post

Vardhan
Contributor

The workaround solution is to edit the HTML file and pass the internal values with special charachters.

Path to edit: /opt/splunk/etc/app_name/default/ui/nav/alerts/custom_alert.html

<option value="4-Minor/Localized">4-Minor/Localized</option>

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm not an AoB user, but it seems pretty straightforward to me.  Use only alphanumerics and underscores in the "Internal Value" box.  "4_Minor_Localized" in your example.  Since it's internal it doesn't have to be pretty and the lack of special characters will avoid other nasty surprises.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...