Splunk Enterprise

Push the row-data to upper rows of the same column if the upper-rows are empty.

abhishekpatel2
Explorer

Currently I am having some  blank cell or null data in some row. So how can I fill that cells or rows with the data  that is in below row of that columns:

Currently my output for the query is:

Screenshot (154).png

The Output that I want is:-

Screenshot (155).png

Can someone please help me with this..

Labels (1)
0 Karma

aasabatini
Motivator

Hi 

you can use "Sort" comand to order your output.

In addiction you can use fillnull comand to fill your blank fields 

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/SearchReference/Fillnull

“The answer is out there, Neo, and it’s looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.”

abhishekpatel2
Explorer

It only fill that field with null in case of fill null and sort columns if I use sort. But  I want to push the  row data to upwards to remove the blank rows.

0 Karma

aasabatini
Motivator

In your case you need to use at the end of your search:

| sort -a (field)

“The answer is out there, Neo, and it’s looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.”
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK: a Step-by-Step Guide for ...

Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step guide for newbies Olga Malita The ...