Splunk Enterprise

How to remove beginning of a fieldname(prefix)?

chenglta

Generally, I want to transform:
"sort_index"
"89080_10.9.2.0"
"89090_10.9.1.0"
"89150_10.8.5.0"

into:
"sort_index"
"10.9.2.0"
"10.9.1.0"
"10.8.5.0"

In all, I want to remove anything before character "_".

I have tried so many rex, wildcard expressions but nothing worked. Like:

| rex field=sort_index “\w{5}_(?<sort_index>\S+)”     (remove 5 characters before _ )
| rename \d+_* as *
| rename \w{5}_* as *

Could anyone please help me to solve this problem?

How does this problem come from? Originally I created a timechart.
92416097-f75f-46ef-884c-f124e557c978.PNG
As illustrated, the version is lexicon-graphically sorted. I want it (field: version ) to be sorted in reverse order.  But | sort -_time, -version simply did not work. So I created a new field named 'sort_index' and sort this new field. In order not to forget 'version', I combine new 'sort_index' with 'version' by adding '_' in the middle.

01_40_43.jpgNow it is in the right order: 10.9.2.0 10.9.1.0 10.8.5.0 10.8.2.0 10.7.3.0 10.5.2.0 
But I need to remove the prefix created previously.
These are the backgrounds why I want to do this work. If you have any better advice to achieve this target, please give me your suggestion.

Best,

Chenglong

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

did you look into below thread?

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Search/Sort-highest-to-lowest-over-time-with-timechart/m-p/34...

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| eval index=split(sort_index,"_")
| eval sort_index=mvindex(index,1)
| fields - index
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...