Splunk Enterprise

How to integrate Salesforce Marketing Cloud with Splunk

lawrence_magpoc
Explorer

As a Splunk SME, I'm tasked to set up the ingestion of Salesforce Marketing Cloud transactional messages into Splunk. We're currently trying to utilize HTTP event collector (HEC) for this but we couldn't get it to work because it's giving us this error:

lawrence_magpoc_0-1702894257156.png

The Marketing Cloud developer I'm working with told me that in order to resolve the above error, we need to figure out how to "verify callbacks" from our end (Splunk)
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/marketing/marketing-cloud/guide/verifyCallback.html
I need to know if there's a way to achieve that through HEC or if we need to take an entirely different approach to get the Marketing Cloud events to Splunk.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

lawrence_magpoc
Explorer

I already figured out how to get it to work.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

lawrence_magpoc
Explorer

I already figured out how to get it to work.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk HEC does not do callbacks.  Clients send data over HTTP and Splunk responds with an HTTP status code.  That's it (unless you use ACK, but don't do that).

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

lawrence_magpoc
Explorer

Ok so I suppose HEC is out of the question then? Is there an alternative solution?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There are a few ways to onboard data into Splunk.

1. Install a universal forwarder on the server to send log files to Splunk
  2. Have the server send syslog data to Splunk via a syslog server or Splunk Connect for Syslog
  3. Use the server's API to extract data for indexing
  4. Use Splunk DB Connect to pull data from the server's SQL database.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...