Splunk Enterprise

How to get the search query from a search sid using restful API?

patng_nw
Communicator

I have a search SID, and currently I am getting its result using the API api/search/jobs/<sid>/results

However, I also need to access the search query string behind this search result.  Is there an API for getting that?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Super Champion

Hi @patng_nw 

Use below spl query and add necessary sid then request.search will provide the required search query string

| rest /services/search/jobs/<sid>| table sid title eai:acl.app eai:acl.owner request.search

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this reply helps do upvote the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Super Champion

Hi @patng_nw 

Use below spl query and add necessary sid then request.search will provide the required search query string

| rest /services/search/jobs/<sid>| table sid title eai:acl.app eai:acl.owner request.search

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this reply helps do upvote the answer.

0 Karma

patng_nw
Communicator

It works.  Thanks a lot!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...