Splunk Enterprise

How to chart concurrent events

tsushi
Explorer

Hi,

I have events with start_time, end_time and duration in seconds. These are video calls. I'd like to make a chart to see how many calls are active at any time.

I can do a simple host="Pexip Participant History" local_alias="domain.com*" | timechart count span=5m
But, it's not quite what I need since I only see when the calls were initiated with this.

How can I do this ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

@tsushi,

try using the concurrency command

host="Pexip Participant History" local_alias="domain.com*"|concurrency duration=duration start=start_time

Reference : https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.1/SearchReference/Concurrency

---
What goes around comes around. If it helps, hit it with Karma 🙂
0 Karma

tsushi
Explorer

Hi Renjith,

Thanks !

I tried this before making a post, but my search results returned exactly the same.
I scrutinized it now and found a tiny warning triangle on the search page, lol.

Used _time instead and now it works.

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

@tsushi - please accept the answer if your issue is solved. If this answer was not the solution that worked, please write up and post the solution that did, and accept it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...