Splunk Enterprise

How to add colour feature in dashboard which the value is in the time format

Srubhi
Path Finder

I did not received the expected result on the below query,
could anyone please check.

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Enterprise/How-to-add-colour-feature-in-dashboard/m-p/603148#...

In the below dashboard table, I need to set colour condition of 2 columns that is is expected difference and sla_difference.
if expected_difference Is negative it should show in red colour if it is positive it should show in green colour.
same as for sla_difference if it is negative it should be orange if it is positive it should show in green.

Srubhi_0-1656421015848.png

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Srubhi
Path Finder

thank you @preotesoiu it worked for me!!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Srubhi
Path Finder

thank you @preotesoiu it worked for me!!

0 Karma

preotesoiu
Path Finder

you have to edit the xml, see below as example, adjust the colours as need it

<dashboard theme="dark">
<label>test collor pallete</label>
<row>
<panel>
<table>
<search>
<query>| makeresults
| eval result1="-100", result2 = "23"</query>
<earliest>-24h@h</earliest>
<latest>now</latest>
</search>
<option name="drilldown">none</option>
<format type="color" field="result1">
<colorPalette type="expression">if(like(value,"%-%"),"#65A637", "#FF0000")</colorPalette>
</format>
<format type="color" field="result2">
<colorPalette type="expression">if(like(value,"%-%"),"#65A637", "#FF0000")</colorPalette>
</format>
</table>
</panel>
</row>
</dashboard>

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...