Splunk Enterprise

How to Prevent /lib folder of an app to be overridden?

GaetanVP
Contributor

Hello Splunkers,

I would like to know if it's possible to prevent /lib path of a Splunk app to be overridden after an upgrade of this app.

For instance, I edited the cacert.pem file in the following path

/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_microsoft-cloudservices/lib/certifi/cacert.pem

And after the upgrade of the Splunk_TA_microsoft-cloudservices app, the cacert.pem has been replaced during the upgrade.

Would it be possible to avoid that ?

Regards,

GaetanVP  

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you move the cert to the local directory then it won't be overwritten during an upgrade.

/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_microsoft-cloudservices/local/cacert.pem
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

SplunkExplorer
Communicator

I confirm @richgalloway words. Local folders are designed to enable custom change without risks of update overrides; this help also to avoid custom/manual change in default folders, that shouldn't be changed as it's not a Splunk best pratice.

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you move the cert to the local directory then it won't be overwritten during an upgrade.

/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_microsoft-cloudservices/local/cacert.pem
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...