Splunk Enterprise

How to Prevent /lib folder of an app to be overridden?

GaetanVP
Contributor

Hello Splunkers,

I would like to know if it's possible to prevent /lib path of a Splunk app to be overridden after an upgrade of this app.

For instance, I edited the cacert.pem file in the following path

/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_microsoft-cloudservices/lib/certifi/cacert.pem

And after the upgrade of the Splunk_TA_microsoft-cloudservices app, the cacert.pem has been replaced during the upgrade.

Would it be possible to avoid that ?

Regards,

GaetanVP  

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you move the cert to the local directory then it won't be overwritten during an upgrade.

/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_microsoft-cloudservices/local/cacert.pem
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

SplunkExplorer
Communicator

I confirm @richgalloway words. Local folders are designed to enable custom change without risks of update overrides; this help also to avoid custom/manual change in default folders, that shouldn't be changed as it's not a Splunk best pratice.

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you move the cert to the local directory then it won't be overwritten during an upgrade.

/opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_microsoft-cloudservices/local/cacert.pem
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...