Splunk Enterprise

How to Migrate to wiredTiger on Windows Server?

mdplourde
Explorer

I followed the steps under "Migrate the KV store after an upgrade to Splunk Enterprise 8.1 or higher in a single-instance deployment"  on this document https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.2.4/Admin/MigrateKVstore#Migrate_the_KV_store_after_a...

When I type in the command ./splunk splunk migrate kvstore-storage-engine --target-engine wiredTiger I get an error that the SplunkD service is not running. 

I then changed the command to ./splunk migrate kvstore-storage-engine --target-engine wiredTiger (removing the first "splunk" word in the command) and no status prompt after entering. I then checked the mongod.log file and it shows no updates in the file.

I know Windows can be a bit finicky with Splunk but is there something that I am missing to get this migration from mmapv1 to wiredTiger working?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...